In this track, Data Center World will focus on more of the leading-edge technologies that have recently begun to, or will soon, impact the data center, providing a practical look at emerging technologies and processes. We’ll address topics that will influence data center strategies for the future as well as existing strategies that require more complex planning and implementation, like AI, machine learning, and 5G networking.
- AI, machine learning
- Hyperscale computing
- Cryptocurrency, blockchain
- Silicon photonics
- GPU and next-generation processing
- Advanced cooling and heat transfer
In this track, Data Center World will explore how companies are designing and building out their data center architectures for maximum efficiency and performance. We’ll include topics on outfitting and maintaining a data center, as well as monitoring operations of assets, and provide expert advice across the spectrum of data center management.
- Build, upgrade, retrofit
Capacity planning or optimization
Software tools: DCIM, APM, EMS, BAS, etc.
In this track Data Center World will provide insight and perspective on the main data center issues for newcomers to the data center, as well as for veterans looking to learn new skills outside of their primary roles. For those considering a new career, or those looking to expand their leadership skills, this track will provide basic-level knowledge of key issues.
- Data center design and management basics
- Introduction to mission critical facilities
- Primers on edge, co-location, cloud, and other emerging platforms
- Finding, hiring, training, and retaining talent
- Personal branding, career advice
- Selling your ideas to management/how to secure budget for your data center initiatives
In this track, Data Center World will cover the nuts-and-bolts technologies that comprise data center compute, networking, storage, and data transfer, including the latest information on cloud strategies, co-location, edge computing, and on-premise architectures. We’ll also include topics on application development and systems integration.
- Cloud strategies and services
- Edge computing planning and management
- Co-location planning and management
- Hyperconverged infrastructures
- IT Infrastructure Security
- Managed services
- Open source
- XaaS (anything as a service)
In this track, Data Center World will cover the important issues that impact mission-critical facilities and how data center operators consume and conserve energy. We’ll also cover topics that address data center facilities management, real estate, physical security, safety, cooling, power consumption, and more.
- Cooling techniques
- Power consumption, electrical/mechanical, target distribution
- Water usage
- Renewable resources, sustainability
- Physical/site security
- Decommissioning legacy equipment, electronic waste, responsible disposal
- Rate reduction programs (grants, rebates)