Welcome! Thank you for accepting our invitation to speak at Data Center World 2021!
The following speaker toolkit has been developed to assist you in the preparation and success of your educational session at this conference. Please take the time to read through the site and add the noted deadlines and due dates to your personal and admin calendars. If, at any time, you are not able to meet any of these deadlines, please contact us as soon as possible. We look forward to working with you and meeting you in Orlando!
As a speaker you receive (1) complimentary All Access Pass registration. Your registration will be taken care of for you, and you will receive a confirmation email once your registration has been processed.
Profile information confirmed with Samantha Daniel, including photo and bio
Within 5 business days upon receipt of speaker acceptance email. (Follow up communication regarding past due bios and headshots to come).
Book your hotel reservation
July 26, 2021 (BASED ON AVAILABILITY)
AV or other session special requests emailed to Samantha Daniel, Conference Coordinator
July 23, 2021
FINAL POWERPOINT SLIDES DUE
July 23, 2021
Your session PowerPoint slides should be a guide for attendees to follow while in your session as well as a post conference reference. Slide decks should follow the guidelines below and can in no way be a promotion for any one company, service, or product. All slides will be reviewed to ensure our vendor-neutral, educational guidelines are met.
- The provided PowerPoint template must be used. Please follow the guidelines stated in the template.
- Your company name and logo can only appear on the first and last slide.
- The number of slides must support the full amount of the allotted minutes for your session, with the exception of time for Q&A, if you choose to have Q&A.
For questions about your presentation content, please contact Tara Gibb.
How to Submit Your Slides
PowerPoint files can be uploaded to our Audio-Visual providers presentation portal HERE.
Steps for uploading your presentation:
- Create a FREE account and log in. After logging in with your username and password, click on EVENT ASSET and upload your file. File size limit is 10MB max.
- Please follow this taxonomy for your PPT file name: SESSIONTITLE_FIRSTNAME_ LASTNAME (e.g. DATACENTERBASICS_JACKIE_ZEITLER).
If you have any trouble uploading to your profile, please email questions to Samantha Daniel.
All educational session rooms will be equipped with standard AV equipment: screen, projection system, connections for laptop, podium with mic. Panel session rooms will have additional seating and mics.
WiFi will be provided in the session room, however it isn’t always reliable. Please let us know ahead of time if you will be needing to access the Internet during your presentation.
If you plan to embed a video to play during your presentation, please share the video separately with Samantha Daniel. Our AV providers will be prepared to play the video incase challenges arise during your session.
For additional AV requests, please email Samantha Daniel before July 23, 2020.
Session Access, Guidelines, & Rules
- Standard or All Access Pass conference pass holders will have access to attend educational sessions.
- Expo Only pass holders are not permitted to sit in on education sessions.
- Every session room will have a door monitor who will be checking and scanning badges. This process is for the Attendance Certification that Data Center World provides to all attendees. This allows attendees to view what sessions and exhibitor booths they attended.
Guidelines & Rules:
- The attendee list and/or room scan list are not provided to education session speakers. Paid Product Information Sessions are the only exception.
- Speakers may not scan badges with their own lead device in educational sessions, nor may they require attendees to give them a business card to attend the session.
- Distribution of materials is not permitted in your session unless you have submitted those materials fr review and approval prior to the conference.
- Materials with company logos, company/product specific details are not allowed to be distributed from educational sessions. They may not be left in the session or around the conference meeting/exhibition space.
- Company-specific materials are only allowed to be distributed from a Product Information Session or from a booth inside the Exhibit Hall.
- Speakers are not permitted to conduct any raffles or giveaways for the purpose of collecting attendee information. If you have an idea about a giveaway or a fun activity that you would like to do in your session, please contact Tara Gibb for review and approval.
- This conference is business casual attire.
Marketing Your Session
This is your time to shine! Share some humble bragging with your network. Let your friends and colleagues know that you’ve been invited to speak at this prestigious event!
Our marketing team creates graphics for our speakers to share on their social channels. Your personal graphics with posting suggestions will be emailed to you separately.
PR & Media
You may be contacted by our editorial staff for an interview or original content:
- Karen Riccio - Editor, AFCOM
- Yevgeniy Sverdlik - Editor-in-Chief, DataCenterKnowledge.com
On-site at Data Center World, we will have a Media Hub where we'll be conducting interviews with trade press & analysts. You will have an opportunity to get involved. More information will be emailed closer to the event.
Other Promotional Ideas
- Blog: Do you have a blog? Does your company have a blog you can contribute to? Write a short summary of your session and link to the Data Center World website. Need some inspiration? Try this blog topic generator to give you some ideas. Please let Tara Gibb know if you’ve published a blog, so we can promote it on our social channels as well. With sufficient review, your original content or syndicated content (with proper permissions) may be eligible to be posted on datacenterknowledge.com.
- Editorial content: Do you have any recently published articles? Send it to Tara Gibb and we’ll include it in our speaker promotions.
- Email: Send a personal email to your contacts, inviting them to Data Center World to attend your session.
- Events: Whether internal to your company or another industry event, this is a great chance to promote your session. Include a slide in your PowerPoint with a plug for your session at Data Center World.
- Email signature: Promote your session by adding a short message to your automated email signature.
Please use hashtag #DataCenterWorld and tag @AFCOM and @DataCenterWorld. If we are tagged, we will retweet to our 10,000+ followers! Please make sure you follow our social channels so you can also share our posts.
Travel/Hotel Accomodations & Discount Codes
Check out the Plan Your Visit page for details about hotel reservations, airport transportation, airline discounts, parking, and more. And if you’re thinking about making a vacation out of your trip, you can also find a list of area attractions and fun things to do in Orlando. We expect our hotel room blocks to sell out. Don’t miss out on getting a room at a reserved price! Discount deadlines:
Rosen Centre Hotel – July 26, 2020
($159 p/night BASED ON AVAILABILITY – group code applied)
Hyatt Regency Orlando – July 26, 2020
($169 p/night LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
Beware of Hotel Pirates
Hotel pirates and poachers are an ever-present issue plaguing conferences today. Companies reach out to attendees with misleading and false messages claiming to be affiliated with our conference, offering deeply discounted rooms. They ARE NOT connected to Data Center World. To help Data Center World combat these issues, please send any non-official hotel emails, phone solicitation details, or hotel piracy concerns or questions to Samantha Daniel.