COVID-19 has changed many aspects of our world, and the way we do business. Our attendees’ health and well-being are our #1 priority and we will do everything in our power to keep you safe.
Data Center World is continuing to monitor guidance about Covid-19 from the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention to provide a safe and healthy experience for all Data Center World participants. Enhanced measures are being implemented in accordance with state and local regulations and following the guidance of the CDC.
Data Center World 2021 - Health and Safety Event Protocols
At the event:
- In line with CDC guidance, all Data Center World attendees are highly encouraged to wear a mask. We appreciate your compliance with this request
- Face masks will be available for all event participants that would like one.
- Orange County Convention Center employees – including the food and beverage staff - will wear masks indoors.
- DCW staff and our main contractors - like GES and our AV company - will also wear masks indoors.
- All participants will self-screen daily for symptoms of Covid or other illness and will not attend if experiencing any symptoms.
- Food will be served by convention center staff from behind plastic barriers
- Where possible, contactless systems and processes will be implemented to minimize "touch points."
- Program materials will be distributed electronically where possible.
- We are carefully managing crowd densities and capacities.
- Break times have been extended between sessions to allow for cleaning.
- The exhibition hall will be cleaned nightly.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the event.
Expectations for all event participants at the event:
- Individuals who are immunocompromised or at high risk are encouraged to attend virtually.
- Individuals should not attend the event if they have tested positive for COVID19 within the last 14 days or if they are concerned that they have been exposed to the virus within the last 14 days and could possibly test positive.
- Should an event participant test positive for COVID-19, register a temperature, or become ill during the event, he/she/they should observe recognized quarantining procedures.
- All event participants are expected to observe and engage in recognized preventive actions to help ensure a safe environment, including frequent hand washing.
Please note that the CDC advises:
Vaccines: “Getting vaccinated prevents severe illness, hospitalizations, and death. Unvaccinated people should get vaccinated and continue masking until they are fully vaccinated. With the Delta variant, this is more urgent than ever.”
Unvaccinated individuals: “If you are not fully vaccinated and aged 2 or older, you should wear a mask in indoor public places.”
Fully vaccinated individuals: “To maximize protection from the Delta variant and prevent possibly spreading it to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.”
Additionally, Orange County Mayor Jerry Demings is urging everyone to wear a mask in public indoor spaces regardless of vaccination status.
Data Center World recommends all participants review the CDC guidance on travel.
Be aware, the CDC requires masks at public transportation hubs and on all public transportation. This includes but is not limited to airports, flights, taxi/ride share, and local busses.
Orange County Convention Center:
Learn more about Orange County Convention Center’s Recovery and Resiliency Guidelines.
OCCC has achieved the Global Biorisk Advisory Council’s(GBAC) Star Accreditation.
OCCC’s Event Guidelines Frequently Ask Questions.
All OCCC employees will wear masks indoors in public spaces.